Our Social Management Team
Our Social Management Team is dedicated to integrating the communities impacted by our operations at every opportunity. Our good neighbor approach to our communities allows us to build trust and confidence by addressing essential community needs and environmental responsibilities.
Our Investment in Colombia
- Strong advocate of Colombia since 2002
- Invested close to $2.5 billion in capital projects
- Most active explorer for last 3 years
- Our success has been largely attributable to being the largest producer from new ANH contracts
2011 Social Management Team Highlights:
- Invested over $650,000 in community projects and support;
- Provided 29,595 permenant and temporary job opportunities;
- Hosted training for over 300 public administrators to improve their capacity as administrators and to strengthen their relationships with Community Action Boards and community members;
- Provided community strengthening sessions to 1,600 residents focussed on improving the economic conditions of the families in our areas of influence;
- Reforested over 300 hectares of land;
- Trained over 400 environmental promoters in preservation and conservation themes.